If my monthly email newsletter goes out on the:
- 1st – wouldn’t the 1st be when everyone sends out their monthly newsletters? So then that bogs down people’s inboxes and they only read their top 2, right? Let’s see, I have 5 emails from December 1st…did I read them all? Would I read another?
- 2nd – no, that just sounds like I forgot to send it out the day before, or I procrastinated or I’m never punctual.
- 31st – that means Halloween and New Years Eve emails. Do people read emails on those days? Also, philosophically that’s notifying people at the end of something instead of the beginning. It sounds more behind the times than looking ahead. It sounds really really late instead of early.
- 15th – but then instead of saying “In December I was attacked by mermaids and in January I’ll be sipping a chai”, I’ll have to say “in the past 30 days I was attacked by mermaids and in the next 30 days I’ll be sipping chai.” Too vague middle of the road. Gahh!
- Some fun number – like the 13th for Friday the 13th, or the 5th for “Remember remember, the 5th of November” – but that’s a huge commitment to a number I’m not sure I’m ready to make. Neither of those numbers are my number. What’s my number? I need a number…
- An arbitrary day depending on when I finish – But I need more structure than that. That’s so up in the air. I want a deadline. A time people can count on me to have an email sent.
These are the thoughts swirling around my head last night refusing to let me sleep.
Tell me! When should a monthly newsletter go out? Do you get an influx on the 1st of the month? Check your Trash folder for me please and tell me in the comments.
Oh, and sign up for my monthly newsletter of mayhem, whimsy, and madness! You’ll get it every month on some day 🙂
If you subscribe to my newsletter, you’ll:
- be the first to know the goings-on, get the insider scoop if you will
- boss me around like the savvy fan reader you are
- pick my author photo (January newsletter)
- enter a drawing to have a character in my book named after you (maybe February newsletter? I haven’t planned that far in advance yo)
- see the “I Know You Like a Murder” book cover before anyone else (March? Who knows…?)
- get a chance to win an advanced copy of my book (whenever that actually becomes available)
Basicly I’m looking for:
- a secret society of dreamers & creatives
- an undercover troupe of scalliwags & misfits
- partners in crime who identify where I’m totally missing the ball in my business endeavors
- BFFs that sit down with me for a virtual chai while I tell them all my goings-on behind-the-scenes work toward my dreams
If you’re in, sign up!
Bonus: the Welcome email includes links to a handful of my free short stories 🙂