- Turn your ears off. Don’t hear what others are saying. Don’t hear the cries, the laughs, the shrieks.
- Turn your light off. Don’t be too much. Don’t be too happy, too sad, too ambitious, too progressive, too opinionated, too emotional, too introspective, too loud, too quiet, too needy, too carefree, or too uptight.
- Turn your heart off. Don’t feel. Don’t think about feeling. Care about neither yourself nor the world.
- As soon as scientific advances allow, become a robot.
Maybe being okay isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Instead of being okay, try being:
- A fire. Burn hot, burn high, burn far. Infect everything in your path til you find all that is left is the most pure, condensed form of being.
- A sponge. Take it all in, everything you see, hear, feel, soak it up, then pour it out til the world sees where you’ve been and all that you’ve known.
- A dancer. Choose your music, choose your rhythm, and beckon others join.
- A mask. And then another. And another. Sometimes it takes knowing what you’re not to really know who you are.
- A hot mess. Try it if you need to. Find out who’s there for you in the end.
- A faerie tale. Adventure, happy ever after, mischief, augmented reality…Have it all.
- Nonsensical. We all need a little madness.
- An agent of change. Shake things up. Feel heavily, speak out, find your story, and live it to where you’ve made the world a little better.
Okay isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Be more than okay. It’s okay.
5 thoughts on “How To Be Okay…”
Today I am a hot mess looking for my fairy tale…
P.s. Of course Amy L. Sauder, English lit extraordinaire is going to use the darker; non-Disney; pseudo-archaic version of “fairy tale.” ;-p But that’s one of the reasons I love her!
Of course I’ve gotta use that version! Every true fairy tale is that version really 😉
Sent from my iPad
This has such a gypsy-esque feel to it! I really, really like it… especially #1:)
Aww thanks! Gypsy-esque has got to be the highest compliment 🙂