So many of those are just waiting for the ask.
Here’s the big asks I’ve been making:
- I asked my book launch team to help dig through a 70+ page list of book bloggers. No joke, they came through! Mostly that speaks to how amazing a team they are. But let me tell you – if you have people on your team, that means they want to help. Make the big ask. See what happens.
- I asked to be on Ted Dekker’s book launch team. No, I hadn’t read the first in the series, and no my social media following isn’t as big as he could probably get, but I presented my case of how I’d work my butt off to get his story out there because I believed in it. Now I’m joining his book launch team and can learn from him how to better facilitate my own team.
- I asked to have my book in a monthly subscription box. Actually, I asked about a dozen subscription boxes that “I Know You Likea Murder” seemed like a good fit for. I don’t have a bite yet. But I’m asking.
Make 2 or 5 or 10 big asks for your creations this week. See what happens. Chances are that every single one won’t be answered, but something will.
- Are you stuck on a step of your creative process and need some guidance?
- Do you need a friend to help with errands so you can attend a workshop?
- Do you have an administrative task you want to tagteam on?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to work for & learn from the top dogs of your industry?
- Are you hoping to get your product in front of a larger audience through a partnership?
Tell me: What ask are you gonna make?
(Here’s my ask for this week: you can follow my Patreon for free creativity tips like this throughout the month. If you’re interested, come join.)