I have BIG news! BIG!!!!
If the following applies to you (or someone you know), pay attention!
- High Schooler
- Located in Central IL area
- Interested in creative writing
- (experience optional)
I have news for these people! This fall I am beginning creative writing lessons.
How does this work?
Whether you’re interested in poetry, novels, short stories, or creative nonfiction, these lessons are for you. You’ll be grouped with people of a similar skill level. No experience is required. Whether you are just now interested in writing, or whether you have novels finished and want to know about the publishing options, your lessons will be catered to the group’s needs. Lessons are one hour a week and cost $10. There will also be online components with access to resources and peer feedback.
You can learn about:
- Fighting Lies: Inadequacy, Narcissism, Writers Block, and Quick Turnaround (haha! Riiiight)
- Finding an Agent
- Writing a Logline, Query, or Book Proposal
- SelfPublishing Versus Traditional Publishing
- Creating Your Brand
- Story Structure
- Beta Readers & Critiques
- Balancing Your Creative Life and Other Obligations